Facilitator: Mimi Lufkin
Contact: Esperanza Zenon, PhD, Math/Science Division Coordinator, River Parishes Community College (225-743-8713, email@example.com)
State Leadership Team
- Jo Dale Ales, Baton Rouge Community College
- Aimee Cronan, St. Joseph’s Academy
- Kim Fossey, Louisiana STEM Works
- Judea Goins-Andrews, Louisiana State University
- David Helveston, Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Sandra Kinney, Louisiana Community and Technical College System
- Louis Papai, Sci-Port Louisiana’s Science Center and the Louisiana STEM Girls Collaborative Project
- Susana Schowen, Louisiana Economic Development
- Ernise Singleton, Louisiana Department of Education
- Tony Turner, Louisiana Community and Technical College System
- Esperanza Zenon, PhD, Math/Science Division Coordinator, River Parishes Community College
- Baton Rouge Community College, Baton Rouge
- Central Louisiana Technical Community College, Alexandria
- Math, Science, and Arts Academy-West, Plaquemine
- North Caddo Magnet High School/Bossier Parish Community College, Vivian
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College, Shreveport
May 19, 2016: Louisiana Jump Start: Preparing Students for Nontraditional Careers with Dr. Esperanza Zenon, Susana Schowen, Mary Wilson Arrasmith, Carissa Delarosa, Tyra Brown, and Mimi Lufkin
May 8, 2014: Build a Strong STEM Pipeline for Louisiana Webinar with First Lady of Louisiana, Supriya Jindal; Susana Schowen, Workforce Initiatives Manager, Louisiana Economic Development; David Helveston, Executive Director, Louisiana Workforce Commission; Beatrice Arvie, Director of Academy of Engineering, Scotlandville Magnet High School—Baton Rouge; and Mimi Lufkin, CEO, National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity
April 2014: Two State Leadership Team members attended the State Leadership Institute during NAPE’s PDI, where they had the opportunity to network with other states’ team members to learn about state STEM initiatives, progress, and pitfalls, as well as best-practices to position gender equity in STEM as a statewide concern.
January 16, 2014: A full-day workshop at Baton Rouge Community College introduced STEM faculty and other invited guests to NAPE’s Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student™ professional development program.
October 25, 2013: The first meeting of State Leadership Team was held at Baton Rouge Community College. The day was spent reviewing state level STEM data, identifying values, goals, and initial strategies, and beginning the development of a 3-year implementation plan.
STEMup Baton Rouge: Twitter
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. HRD-0734056 and Grant No. HRD 1203121. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.