Kentucky is a current participant in the STEM Equity Pipeline.
Facilitator: Ben Williams, NAPE Director of Special Projects
State Leadership Team
- Mindy Curless, STEM Consultant, Office of Career & Technical Education (502-564-2106, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kathy Eversole, State Transition Coordinator, KY Department of Education (606-524-1447, email@example.com)
- Angie Fischer, Administrative Consultant, Office of Career & Technical Education (502-564-2106, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carol Hanley, Associate Director, University of Kentucky (859-257-3785, email@example.com)
- Madhura Kulkarni, Assistant Director of Integrative Natural Science & Mathematics, Northern Kentucky University (859-572-7872, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mike Quillen, Systems Director, KY Community & Technical College System (859-256-3218, email@example.com)
- Karla Tipton, Perkins Consultant, Office of Career and Technical Education (502-564-3775, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Owensboro High School
Bluegrass Community College
Grant County CTC
Boone County ATC
September 19, 2014: Ben Williams conducted PIPE-STEM Explore and Discover training.
July 23, 2014: NAPE Senior Program Manager Elizabeth Tran and KY State Leadership Team leader Karla Tipton presented two workshops during the KACTE Annual Summer Conference: the KY STEM Equity Pipeline workshop and the Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student™ workshop.
May 2014: The four pilot sites began PIPE-STEM™ implementation for the 2014-15 school year.
April 2014: Several KY State Leadership Team members attended the State Leadership Institute at NAPE’s PDI in Washington, DC, where they had the opportunity to network with other states’ team members to learn about state STEM initiatives, progress, and pitfalls, as well as best practices to position gender equity in STEM as a statewide concern.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. HRD-0734056 and Grant No. HRD 1203121. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.