« April 2014 » M T W T F S S 1Events on April 1, 2014
- NASDCTEc meeting, Washington, DCStarts: 12:00 amEnds: April 4, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: Omni Shoreham, Calvert Street Northwest, Washington, D.C., DC, United StatesDescription: NAPE's CEO, Mimi Lufkin, and Director of Public Policy, Lisa Ransom, will attend the spring NASDCTEc meeting, held at the Omni Shoreham in Washington, DC.
- Webinar: School Discipline Guidance and Title IXStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: April 1, 2014 - 4:00 pmDescription: The National Coalition for Women and Girls in Education, American Federation of Teachers, National Education Association and American Association of University Women present
School Discipline Guidance and Title IX Webinar Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3-4:00pm EST.
Featuring Connie Cordovilla, American Federation of Teachers; Donna M. Harris-Aikens and Catherine V. Beane, National Education Association; Carolyn Seugling and Amanda K. Dallo, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education; Renee Bradley, Positive Behavioral Interventions Strategies and Supports, U.S. Department of Education; Dr. William A. Howe, State Title IX Coordinator/Civil Rights Compliance Multicultural Education/Culturally Responsive Education, CT State Department of Education.
The Department of Education recently issued Federal guidance to school districts explaining schools’ obligation under the Civil Rights Act to administer discipline without discriminating on the basis of race, color, and national origin. The webinar will discuss schools’ obligations outlined in the discipline guidance, provide suggestions for increasing positive behavior by students and addressing misbehavior when it occurs, and provide an explanation of how the discipline guidance interacts with Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex by recipients of Federal financial assistance in their education programs or activities.
Join us for a discussion on the discipline guidance and how it relates to the work being done to reduce sex discrimination in schools.
For more information, contact Connie Cordovilla at email@example.com .
2 3 4 5 6 7Events on April 7, 2014
- STEM Equity Pipeline Leadership Institute (invitation only)Starts: 9:00 amEnds: April 7, 2014 - 5:00 pmLocation: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel—Crystal City, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA, 22202
8Events on April 8, 2014
- NAPE Professional Development Institute, “35 Years: Building Access, Equity, and Diversity"Starts: 8:00 amEnds: April 8, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel—Crystal City, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA, 22202Description: 8:15 Opening Session featuring Pedro Noguera, Ph.D., Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education, New York University
12:00 Awards Luncheon featuring Michele A. Evans, Vice President and General Manager, Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training Undersea Systems
5:30 Silent Auction and Reception
9Events on April 9, 2014
- NAPE PDI: Public Policy Day, Capitol HillStarts: 8:00 amEnds: April 9, 2014 - 5:00 pmLocation: Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, United StatesDescription: 10:00 –10:30 am – Federal Policy Panel Update
12:15 – 1:30 pm – Luncheon
1:30–5:00 pm – State Delegation Hill visits
- PDI: Birds of a Feather DinnersStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: April 9, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Various locations throughout Arlington, VA
10Events on April 10, 2014
- NAPE Professional Development Institute, “35 Years: Building Access, Equity, and Diversity"Starts: 8:00 amEnds: April 10, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel—Crystal City, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA, 22202Description: 8:00am NAPE Membership Meeting
12:00pm Closing Luncheon featuring S. Dallas Dance, Ph.D., Superintendent, Baltimore County Public Schools
11 12 13 14 15Events on April 15, 2014
- Webinar: Engage Parents to Support Nontraditional CareersStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: April 15, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: As part of the NONTRADITIONAL CAREER PATHWAYS: PROGRAM STRATEGIES THAT WORK webinar series, NAPE is pleased to present the fifth and final of the series:
"Engage Parents to Support Nontraditional Careers – An Open Forum for Sharing Local Outreach Strategies"
Are you using a successful strategy to educate or engage parents at your site? Share your ideas with your colleagues. Webinar hosted by Dr. Jeanette Thomas, Consultant, Iowa Bureau of Adult, Career, and Community College Education.
To learn more, visit http://www.napequity.org/minnesota-webinar-series/
The webinars highlight practical strategies from the field that you can implement to help students succeed through effective Career and Technical Education programs.
Sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Education and Minnesota State Colleges & Universities.
16 17Events on April 17, 2014
- UTAH STEM Equity Pipeline Leadership Team MeetingStarts: 9:00 amEnds: April 17, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Salt Lake City, UTDescription: NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin and Program Manager, Liz Biddle, will meet with the Utah STEM Equity Pipeline Leadership Team in Salt Lake City, UT.
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26Events on April 26, 2014
- Micromessaging - Houston Independent School DistrictStarts: 9:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 10:00 amLocation: Houston, TXDescription: NAPE Consultant Meagan Pollock will present an hour overview of Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student for the Houston Independent School District teachers.
27 28 29 30
Connect with NAPE