The U.S. Department of Labor has released a Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for “Ready to Work Partnership” grants for sector partnerships to prepare and place the long-term unemployed into good-paying jobs. Learn More
« July 2014 » M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16Events on July 16, 2014
- Colorado ACTEStarts: 9:00 amEnds: July 16, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Grand Junction, CODescription: NAPE trainer, Courtney Reed Jenkins, will present a general session, "Using Micromessages to Reach and Teach Every Student" at the Colorado ACTE conference on July 16.
Micromessages are small, subtle, often semi-conscious messages we send while communicating with others, whether by voice, action, or body language. These messages can be both positive or negative, stem from our implicit biases, and affect relationships. In CTE, we must pay attention to micromessages because of the historical context of sex-segregation and racial disparities in our programs.
Breakout Session I
A breakout session will be held with Jennifer Jirous, "Recruiting and Retaining Students in Non-Traditional Programs" or “Nontrad 101” for administrators, counselors, and faculty who are interested in – but don’t know how to start – recruiting and retaining nontraditional students into their CTE programs.
Breakout Session II
A second breakout session with Jennifer Jirous will discuss "Rollout of the Equity Data Dashboard" and updates on the NAPE STEM grant. This will be an interactive exploration of Colorado's career and technical education (CTE) data and updates on Colorado’s partnerships with a national project funded by the National Science Foundation.
17 18 19 20 21 22 23Events on July 23, 2014
- 2014 Annual Kentucky Career & Technical Education Summer ProgramStarts: 9:00 amEnds: July 23, 2014 - 11:30 amLocation: Jones, Suite Tower, Galt House Hotel & Suites, Louisville, KYDescription: NAPE Program Manager, Elizabeth Tran will present two workshops during the
2014 Annual Kentucky Career & Technical Education Summer Program:
9:00-10:30 am, Presentation 1: The Program Improvement Process for Equity in STEM™ (PIPE-STEM™) is a current Kentucky initiative to increase the participation and completion of female students in science, technology, engineering, and math. PIPE-STEM™ school teams embark on a year-long process which includes 5 phases: Organize, Explore, Discover, Select, and Act.
10:45-11:35 am, Presentation 2: Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student™ is a researched-based educator professional development program designed to address gender and culturally based implicit biases that manifest through micromessages. Participants will obtain an awareness of micromessages and be introduced to pedagogical tools proven to transform their practice and increase student performance.
Participants will obtain an awareness of micromessages and be introduced to pedagogical tools proven to transform their practice and increase student performance.
24 25 26 27 28Events on July 28, 2014
- NAPE Program of Work (POW)Starts: 4:00 pmEnds: July 28, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: San Francisco, CA, United StatesDescription: The NAPE Executive Committee will meet in San Francisco for their annual Program of Work meetings.
29Events on July 29, 2014
- NAPE Program of Work (POW)Starts: 8:00 amEnds: July 29, 2014 - 5:00 pmLocation: San Francisco, CA, United States
30Events on July 30, 2014
- NAPE Program of Work (POW)Starts: 8:00 amEnds: July 30, 2014 - 11:00 amLocation: San Francisco, CA, United StatesDescription: The NAPE Executive Committee will meet in San Francisco for their annual Program of Work meetings.
31Events on July 31, 2014
- MNet/NSF ATE ConferenceStarts: 12:00 amEnds: August 4, 2014 - 12:00 amDescription: NAPE COO Claudia Morrell will attend this conference.
Connect with NAPE