In a blog on its website, NASDCTEc reports that the impact of sequestration on each state’s Perkins allocation is yet to be determined. Learn More
« May 2013 » M T W T F S S 1 2Events on May 2, 2013
- PIPESTEM trainingStarts: 8:00 amEnds: May 2, 2013 - 12:00 pmLocation: Elgin, ILDescription: NAPE Director of Professional Development Courtney Reed Jenkins will lead the final Motorola Solutions Foundation funded PIPESTEM meeting with all 5 of the U-46 schools.
3 4 5 6 7Events on May 7, 2013
- Mid Atlantic Equity Center ConferenceStarts: 12:00 amEnds: May 8, 2013 - 12:00 amLocation: Linthicum, MDDescription: Claudia Morrell attending
8 9Events on May 9, 2013
- WEPAN: Advantages of Climate Surveys to Advance Institutional Diversity InitiativesStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: May 9, 2013 - 1:00 pmLocation: OnlineDescription: Determining how faculty perceive and experience ethnicity, race, gender and other difference is an important first step. Learn more at
- Introduction to Micromessaging: A Hybrid Program for OhioStarts: 3:30 pmEnds: May 9, 2013 - 5:00 pmLocation: Online by invitationDescription: NAPE Consultant Ben Williams will lead this program, which is sponsored by NAPE, NSF, and the Ohio DOE. The program will include Project Lead the Way (pre-Engineering) instructors from Scioto County Career-Technical Center in Lucasville, Ohio, career-technical STEM instructors from Cuyahoga Valley Career Center in Brecksville, Ohio, and STEM faculty from Stark State College in Canton, Ohio, as well as several administrators from those institutions.
10 11 12 13 14 15Events on May 15, 2013
- FCUSD showcaseStarts: 10:00 amEnds: May 15, 2013 - 3:00 pmLocation: Rancho Cordova, CADescription: Mimi Lufkin will attend Folsom Cordova Unified School District’s PIPE-STEM showcase. Three high school teams will present their work from this year.
16 17 18 19 20 21 22Events on May 22, 2013
- Destination Imagination 2013 Global FinalsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: May 24, 2013 - 12:00 amLocation: Knoxville, TNDescription: NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin and NAPE COO Claudia Morrell are VIP attendees of the Destination Imagination 2013 Global Finals.
Destination Imagination teams that advance past Regional and state/country (Affiliate) tournaments are invited to participate in Global Finals—the world's largest celebration of creativity.
Global Finals is the culminating event of every Destination Imagination season. In May, over 1,200 teams from teams from 45 states, 7 Canadian provinces and 13 countries gather to showcase their Challenge solutions. Over 15,000 people attend Global Finals to celebrate creativity and have fun.
For complete details, visit: http://destinationimagination.org/.
23 24 25 26Events on May 26, 2013
- Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every StudentStarts: 12:00 amEnds: May 27, 2013 - 12:00 amLocation: Professional Development Center, Fort Worth ISDDescription: NAPE Consultant Daniel Brown at others will host a full day of professional development focusing on the equitable classroom. He will also review previous MM units and begin action planning with the group.
This professional development opportunity is tailored for FW ISD STEM teachers.
27 28Events on May 28, 2013
- Natl Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher EducationStarts: 12:00 amEnds: June 2, 2013 - 12:00 amLocation: Higher EducationDescription: NAPE Research Assistant Elizabeth Tran will attend the 2013 NCORE conference as part of their student scholars program. This conference is in New Orleans. To learn more about this conference or for registration information, visit: https://ncore.ou.edu//
29Events on May 29, 2013
- PIPESTEM TrainingStarts: 8:00 amEnds: May 29, 2013 - 12:30 pmLocation: San Jose Unified School District, San Jose, CADescription: NAPE Consultants Courtney Reed Jenkins and Elizabeth Wallner will lead a PIPESTEM training as part of the Motorola Solutions Foundation grant.
Connect with NAPE