CLASP examines the challenges faced by boys and young men of color in the areas of education, employment, and health, noting there is much to learn about the systemic barriers that impede their success. Read Report
« August 2014 » M T W T F S S 1Events on August 1, 2014
- Third Annual Ohio STEM Equity Pipeline WorkshopStarts: 12:30 pmEnds: August 1, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: The Hilton Easton - Columbus, OhioDescription: Third Annual Ohio STEM Equity Pipeline Workshop directly following the Ohio ACTE Conference in Columbus on Friday, August 1st from 12:30-3:00 p.m. This workshop is free and lunch will be provided!
This year’s workshop will be an opportunity to: (1) learn about these exciting and innovative projects and the outcomes of their work; (2) learn about effective practices from some of the STEM Equity Pipeline projects in the State; and (3) network with other professionals who are dedicated to access, equity, and diversity in STEM/career-technical education. Lunch will be provided to all who RSVP.
Please RSVP at: http://www.ohioacte.org/event-859240.
Information about the Ohio projects can also be found on the Ohio STEM Equity Pipeline website at http://www.stemequitypipeline.org/StateTeams/OH.aspx.
Contact: Ben Williams, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Special Projects, Admissions
Ohio STEM Equity Pipeline Project Director
Columbus State Community College
bwilli03 (at) cscc (dot) edu
2 3 4 5Events on August 5, 2014
- Training: Mesquite Independent School DistrictStarts: 8:30 amEnds: August 5, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Mesquite ISD PDC, Mesquite, TXDescription: NAPE trainers, Daniel Brown and Meagan Pollock, will present two days of professional development using the Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student curriculum to secondary math and science teachers.
6Events on August 6, 2014
- Training: Mesquite Independent School DistrictStarts: 8:30 amEnds: August 6, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Mesquite ISD PDC, Mesquite, TXDescription: NAPE trainers, Daniel Brown and Meagan Pollock, will present two days of professional development using the Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student curriculum to secondary math and science teachers.
7Events on August 7, 2014
- Intro call with NAPEStarts: 2:30 pmEnds: August 7, 2014 - 3:00 pm
8Events on August 8, 2014
- Training: Illinois State Department of EducationStarts: 9:00 amEnds: August 8, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Springfield, ILDescription: NAPE's CEO, Mimi Lufkin and COO, Claudia Morrell, will conduct one day of intensive Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student training for members of the Board of Directors from the Illinois State Department of Education CTE program.
9 10 11 12Events on August 12, 2014
- North Dakota Professional Development ConferenceStarts: 9:00 amEnds: August 12, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Bismarck, NDDescription: NAPE's Chief Operating Officer, Claudia Morrell, will provide two forty-five minute presentations for the North Dakota Professional Development Conference in Bismarck, North Dakota on August 12, 2014 for approximately 600 participants.
NAPE’s Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student™ teacher professional development program has proven to close participation and achievement gaps in STEM and CTE programs. The professional development is based on social learning theory, cultural competency and intersectionality research that informs student teacher interaction and pedagogy. This session will introduce participants to the research supporting the Micromessaging training, introduce root causes that affect student self-efficacy in STEM, and deepen the discussion of issues of access and equity as it relates to the diversity of students in our classrooms.
The activities in this workshop will introduce participants to micromessaging, micro-inequities, and micro-affirmations with examples of each in educational practice. Educators will examine micromessaging in their pedagogical styles and classroom environments. Within the workshop, participants will practice how to apply these concepts in the classroom at a basic level. Participants will be able to identify unique micromessaging that pertains specifically to their schools and classrooms, and they will practice using tools for interrupting micro-inequities and offsetting those inequities with micro-affirmations.
For more information, please visit http://www.nd.gov/cte/PDC/
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Events on August 20, 2014
- Training: UTeach-Dallas, TXStarts: 9:00 amEnds: August 20, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: UTeachDescription: NAPE Consultant, Debjani Biswas, will conduct a full day training on NAPE's Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student curriculum.
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Connect with NAPE