Change the Equation is soliciting applications by STEM learning programs that serve PK-12 students and teachers, in or out of school, for inclusion in the STEMworks database, which was developed to help business leaders and other funders identify and support programs that boost STEM interest and learning. First deadline is September 15, 2012. Learn More and Apply
« June 2013 » M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7Events on June 7, 2013
- Deloitte Impact DayStarts: 9:00 amEnds: June 7, 2013 - 3:00 pmLocation: Deloitte, Washington, DCDescription: Role models from the Women in Technology group at Deloitte, who have participated in NAPE professional development, will host "Women in Technology Impact Day." Deloitte mentors will work with students from McKinley, Friendship, Coolidge, and Noyes Education Center (Washington, DC based schools) and share their passion for STEM and illustrate how STEM skills are used on a daily basis in their careers at Deliotte.
8 9Events on June 9, 2013
- AAUW National ConventionStarts: 12:00 amEnds: June 13, 2013 - 12:00 amLocation: New Orleans, LADescription: NAPE Consultant Susie Wheeler is attending the 2013 AAUW National Convention "Leading Across Generations."
For complete convention details, visit: http://convention.aauw.org/.
10 11Events on June 11, 2013
- EE STEM Academy CapstonesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: June 14, 2013 - 12:00 amLocation: Baltimore, MDDescription: NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin and COO Claudia Morrell will attend an event where faculty present their EE STEM Capstone projects.
12 13Events on June 13, 2013
- 59th Annual Utah CTE ConferenceStarts: 8:00 amEnds: June 13, 2013 - 9:00 amLocation: Wasatch High School, Heber City, UTDescription: NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin will open the second day of the Utah CTE conference with her keynote address "High Skill, High Wage Careers--Preparing for the Future," from 8:00 AM-9:00 AM.
The Keynote will address: What are the education requirements for the careers of the future? What high skill high wage careers have the most potential for opportunity? How do you help your students prepare for these careers? These are just a few of the questions this session will address while looking at how educators play a role in expanding students career decision making options. Helping your students see the myriad of career options available to them will help them chose a better future.
For conference details, visit: http://www.cte.usu.edu/.
- 59th Annual Utah CTE ConferenceStarts: 11:00 amEnds: June 13, 2013 - 12:00 pmLocation: Wasatch High School, Heber City, UTDescription: NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin will lead the workshop "High Skill, High Wage Careers--Strategies for Expanding Student Career Options.
This workshop session will build on the morning Keynote address by sharing resources and strategies that School Counselors and Work-Based Learning Coordinators can use to help students explore nontraditional careers that lead to economic self-sufficiency. Take home new ideas, materials, activities and online resources that you can integrate into your work immediately.
For complete conference details, visit: http://www.cte.usu.edu/.
- New Mexico ACTE Summer ConferenceStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: June 13, 2013 - 5:00 pmLocation: Ruidoso, NMDescription: NAPE Consultants Jeanette Thomas and Courtney Reed Jenkins will discuss Gender Equity in CTE during a 4-hour workshop that will provide an overview on nontraditional recruitment and retention in CTE.
14 15 16Events on June 16, 2013
- Penn College of Technology Smart Girls Residential CampStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: June 16, 2013 - 4:00 pmDescription: On June 16–19, 2013, Pennsylvania College of Technology is holding a residential program for girls entering grades 9-11 in fall 2013. This summer camp provides the opportunity to participate in workshops that include the following topics: (1) Gaming, Simulation, Web Design, and Multimedia, (2) Materials Processing and Manufacturing, (3) Construction and Design Technologies. “Step in the real world” sessions allows the chance to meet working professionals and tour real-world technology. Learn more at http://www.pct.edu/smartgirls/
17 18Events on June 18, 2013
- Transforming Career and Technical Education for the Global EconomyStarts: 5:15 pmEnds: June 18, 2013 - 6:15 pmLocation: Austin, TXDescription: Mimi Lufkin will moderate this panel at the STEM Solutions conference
Panelists: Vince Bertram, Ed.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Project Lead The Way; David Dimmett, Senior Vice President and Chief Engagement Officer; Brenda Dann-Messier, Ed.D., Assistant Secretary for Vocational and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education; Rashid Ferrod Davis, Founding Principal, Pathways in Technology Early College High School; Amy Loyd, Director, Pathways to Prosperity Network, Jobs for the Future, Harvard Graduate School of Education
19Events on June 19, 2013
- Gender Equity in CTEStarts: 9:00 amEnds: June 19, 2013 - 4:30 pmLocation: Idaho Career Pioneer Network SymposiumDescription: NAPE consultant Courtney Reed Jenkins will provide a day-long professional development training focused on data dashboards, evaluation rubrics for research-based interventions, and will also use the opportunity to network with other individuals committed to increasing equity in education.
The target audience for this event includes CPN members and other interested stakeholders.
To find out more about the event, visit: http://www.pte.idaho.gov/Summer_Conference/Summer_Conference_Home.html
20Events on June 20, 2013
- Idaho Career Pioneer Network SymposiumStarts: 9:00 amEnds: June 20, 2013 - 4:30 pmLocation: Boise, IDDescription: NAPE Consultant Courtney Reed Jenkins will discuss Gender Equity in CTE during this daylong professional development focused on data dashboards, evaluation rubrics for research-based interventions, and networking.
- Attracting Future Engineers: Best Practices from K-12 Counselor Professional Development, 2008-2012Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: June 20, 2013 - 3:30 pmLocation: Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, GADescription: Join NAPE Consultant and PhD Candidate Meagan Pollock as she presents "Attracting Future Engineers: Best Practices from K-12 Counselor Professional Development, 2008-2012" at the WEPAN's 2012 National Conference "Engage Everyone: Building an Inclusive Climate for Diverse Communities for Women in STEM." Administrators, counselors, and professional development trainers are encouraged to attend.
For complete conference details, visit: http://wepan.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=530
21 22Events on June 22, 2013
- Pathways to Careers in STEM: A Counseling Tool for Student EngagementStarts: 10:45 amEnds: June 22, 2013 - 12:00 pmLocation: The Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, GADescription: Join NAPE Consultant and Purdue PhD Candidate Meagan Pollock as she presents "Pathways to Careers in STEM: A Counseling Tools for Student Engagement" at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference and Workshops for K-12 Education. K-12 counselors and educators are encourage to attend.
For complete conference details, visit: http://www.asee.org/conferences-and-events/conferences/k-12-workshop/2013
23 24Events on June 24, 2013
- NM Profesional Learning Community for EquityStarts: 2:30 pmEnds: June 24, 2013 - 3:30 pmDescription: NAPE Consultant Courtney Reed Jenkins will host a virtual meeting, "Females in STEM Classes and Programs of Study: Strategies to Recruit and Transition Female Students into STEM Careers," for the first cohort of the New Mexico Learning Community for Equity.
25 26Events on June 26, 2013
- NJ State Team Annual Working MeetingStarts: 8:30 amEnds: June 26, 2013 - 3:00 pmLocation: Rutgers University, New Brusnwick CampusDescription: NAPE CEO will lead the New Jersey STEM Equity Pipeline state leadership team in their annual working meeting, taking place at Rutgers University, New Brunswick campus, from 8:30-3:00. Topics to discuss include: overview of the STEM Equity Pipeline, a look at NJ state data, and a SWOT analysis of state level initiatives and activities.
- NM Professional Learning Community for EquityStarts: 2:30 pmEnds: June 26, 2013 - 3:30 pmDescription: NAPE Consultant Courtney Reed Jenkins will host a virtual meeting, "Males in Health Occupation Programs of Study: Strategies to Recruit and Transition Male Students into Health Occupations," for the first cohort of the New Mexico Learning Community for Equity.
27Events on June 27, 2013
- Data Dashboards PresentationStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: June 27, 2013 - 3:45 pmLocation: OnlineDescription: At the OVAE Data Quality Institute, NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin and NAPE Consultant Krishnan Sudharsan will introduce Data Dashboards to both live and virtual audiences. If you didn't have the opportunity to attend Sudharsan's PDI workshop but are curious to find out what Data Dashboards are and how they're used, be sure to tune in. (Web link TBA.)
28Events on June 28, 2013
- Data-Driven Continuous ImprovementStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: June 28, 2013 - 2:00 pmDescription: Join NAPE CEO Mimi Lufkin, NAPE Consultant Ben Williams, and Jose Figueroa from DATE to learn how schools and colleges around the country are increasing the diversity in their CTE programs through an evidence-based, data-driven, program improvement process aligned with OVAE’s continuous improvement model. This event will occur during the Virtual Data Quality Institute.
- NM Professional Learning Community for EquityStarts: 2:30 pmEnds: June 28, 2013 - 3:30 pmLocation: NMACTE Summer ConferenceDescription: In a face-to-face session of the NM Professional Learning Community, NAPE Consultant Courtney Reed Jenkins will discuss stereotype threat.
29 30Events on June 30, 2013
- ASCA Annual ConferenceStarts: 10:00 amEnds: July 3, 2013 - 11:00 amLocation: Philadelphia, PADescription: NAPE Consultant Ben Williams attending
Connect with NAPE