In an effort to support states as they work to help local education agencies increase the participation and completion of students in nontraditional career and technical education programs, the NAPE Education Foundation, in partnership with Career Communications, Inc., develops a Parent Edition of the American Careers Magazine each year. This edition is focused on nontraditional careers, highlighting nontraditional role models, sharing information about nontraditional careers, wage earning potential, and economic self-sufficiency.
Educating parents about keeping career options open for their sons and daughters and expanding their vision of what those options might be is a proven strategy for increasing the participation of students in nontraditional CTE programs. This professional publication is a great tool for local school districts to use at parent education events, in direct mailing campaigns, back to school nights, CTE open houses, etc. The 2012-2013 edition provides:
- articles about a wide variety of nontraditional careers,
- a self-test that parents and students can take to discover a child’s career interests,
- tips to help parents communicate with their children,
- a list of fast-growing occupations in 16 major career clusters, along with salary and education data, and
- an opportunity for parents to learn about STEM education and careers for the under-represented groups including women and minorities.
Learn more and access order form by clicking here.
For additional information contact Career Communications at 1-800-669-7795 or online at www.carcom.com.