Purpose: To honor an individual who has shown exemplary dedication to the NAPE organization and its mission.
Eligibility: A person who is now or has previously worked with NAPE and/or NAPE Education Foundation community.
Number Given: 1
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate is a person who has been an active, committed member of NAPE for a sustained period of time and has been instrumental in the development or growth of the organization from a national or state perspective.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be determined based on their embodiment of these NAPE values:
- Has demonstrated commitment to NAPE’s values by providing opportunities to members of all Special Population groups.
- Has contributed to NAPE’s commitment to equity, access, and diversity through leadership efforts at the local, state or national levels.
- Committed to the values of NAPE and its Education Foundation and works to further the missions either through NAPE or its Education Foundation, through their own work, or through a collaborative effort.
- Has contributed to NAPE’s ability to grow and sustain itself as an organization while maintaining values of equity, access, diversity.
- Exhibits innovative methods of motivating and mentoring members.
- The individual’s leadership has impacted an issue or cause in the community or furthered the work of NAPE
- Uses data to help drive NAPE’s mission and values.
- Has ownership and accountability for the projects/roles taken on behalf of NAPE/NAPE Education Foundation’s mission and has demonstrated results.